Poll 27: Tomato?
Total votes: 769
|FRUIT!!!: 284 (36.9%)|
|Fruit: 167 (21.7%)|
|VEGETABLE!!!: 130 (16.9%) |
|Vegetable: 107 (13.9%)|
|Fruit!: 50 (6.5%)|
|Vegetable!: 31 (4.0%)|
|[Stuffed: 670 (87.0%)]|
There are some interesting stats to come out of this poll:
- 510 people (66.3%) voted for fruit, while 259 (33.7%) opted for vegetable.
- 414 people (53.8%) are really strident in their conviction that a tomato is one or the other option, while 274 (35.6%)
are quite mild about it. Only 81 (10.5%) are of middling strength conviction.
- One person out there apparently likes stuffed tomatoes so much that he tried to stuff the ballot with 670 votes.
- A few people wrote to tell me that in
1887 the Supreme Court of the United States actually ruled that a tomato is a vegetable.
- This question is a really good way to start an argument.